|| Listing of Instruments relating
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights (article
14). Adopted and proclaimed by General Assembly resolution 217 A(III) of 10
- Geneva Convention relative to the Protection
of Civilian Persons in Time of War (article 44). Adopted on 12 August 1949.
- Protocol Additional (I) to the Geneva
Conventions of 12 August 1949 and relating to the Protection of Victims of
International Armed Conflicts (article 73). Adopted on 8 June 1977.
- Statute of the office of the United Nations
High Commissioner for Refugees. Adopted by General Assembly resolution 428(V)
of 14 December 1950.
- Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.
Adopted on 30 August 1951.
- Convention relating to the Status of Stateless
Persons. Adopted on 28 September 1954 by a Conference of Plenipotentiaries
convened by Economic and Social Council resolution 526A(XVII) of 26 April 1953.
- Convention on the reduction of Statelessness.
Adopted on 30 August 1961 by a Conference of Plenipotentiaries, which met in
1959 and reconvened in 1961 in pursuance of General Assembly resolution 896(IX)
of 4 December 1954.
- Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees.
Adopted on 31 January 1967.
- International Covenant on Civil and Political
Rights (articles 12-13). The United Nations General Assembly resolution 2200
A(XXI) of 16 December 1966.
- Declaration on Territorial Asylum. Adopted by
General Assembly resolution 2312(XXII) of 14 December 1967.
- Convention against Torture and other Cruel,
Inhuman or Degrading Treatment (articles 3 and 7). Adopted by General Assembly
resolution 39/46 of October 1984.
- Declaration on the Human Rights of Individuals
who are not Nationals of the Country in which they live. Adopted by General
Assembly resolution 40/144 of 13 December 1985.
- Convention on the Rights of the Child (article
22) of 20 November 1989.
back to top
2- Regional instruments
- Asian-Africa Legal Consultative Committee :
Principles concerning Treatment of Refugees. Bangkok, 1966.
- Protocol to the European Convention on
Consular Functions Concerning the Protection of Refugees. Adopted on 11
- OAU Convention Governing the Specific Aspects
of Refugee Problems in Africa of 10 September 1969.
- Cartagena Declaration on Refugees of 19-22
- Declaration on the Protection of Refugees and
Displaced Persons in the Arab World of 19 November 1992.
- San Jose Declaration on Refugees and Displaced
Persons under the Auspices on the Costa Rican Government of 5-7 December
back to top